Outside of the United States, Disney Error Code 39 is typically connected to Xbox One and denotes a difficulty with digital rights permission. Launch the Disney+ app on a suitable device to fix the issue, or log in to Disney Plus using a supported setup on a computer. Make sure your internet connection is trustworthy.
If you stream Disney+ on gaming devices like Xbox One, Disney Plus Error Code 39 is frequently encountered outside the USA. Disney Plus error messages occur primarily because your streaming configuration is unable to provide the secure connection that the streaming service requires. A secure HDMI connection could be hampered by a problem with the Disney+ app, streaming device, HDMI cable, or TV.
Geo-restrictions increase the likelihood of unpleasant error codes appearing on streaming devices or the Disney Plus Xbox outside the United States, so only use the finest Disney Plus VPN.
In the event that Error Code 39 prevents you from streaming in a nation where Disney+ is not currently available, know that geo-restriction is not the only cause of this issue.
Why do I continually get an error code while using Disney Plus outside of the USA? Examining problem code 39 on Disney Plus outside the USA, its causes, and possible solutions can help you understand what it is, why it occurs, and how to fix it.
What is Disney Plus Error Code 39 Outside USA? How does it look When it Appears?
Disney Plus error code 39 can occur outside of the US for a variety of reasons, including support issues, corrupt temporary files, failed copy-protection checks, passively produced temporary files, your gaming console’s in-game capture settings, and even an HDMI splitter.
The following message will show up on your screen if you see this Error Code 39 Disney Plus outside of the USA:
What Causes Disney+ Error Code 39 Outside USA?
Disney+ Error Code 39 outside the USA is typically brought on by a rights management issue that stops the Disney servers from playing the requested movie. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to remedy this issue if Disney does not stream content at all in your area.
The majority of the time, Error Code 39 outside the USA is a user-side problem that one can quickly fix by moving to a different television, changing your HDMI port, using a new HDMI cable, or just streaming on a different device. Outside of the USA, you may get Disney+ Error Code 14.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 39 Outside USA in 2023
Outside of the USA, it is very simple to resolve Disney Plus Error Code 39. Even though outside of the United States, Error Code 39 is usually related to Xbox gaming consoles, it can also happen while you’re viewing Disney Plus on a Chromecast, Roku, or Smart TV.
When the issue finally disappears and you can resume regularly viewing Disney Plus outside the United States, take the following procedures in order:
- Try loading the Video Again outside the USA
Because sometimes this problem only occurs once, reload the video. The issue is easily fixed by just refreshing the page and filling in the video, allowing you to see it once more. If it again stops and you see Disney Plus Code 39 outside the USA, go back to these troubleshooting suggestions and attempt a different solution.
- Try a different streaming device to fix Disney Error Code 39 outside the USA
Try watching Disney Plus on a different device outside of the US. Although Xbox One users frequently see the Disney Error Code 39 outside the USA. It also happened when Disney Plus was being streamed via a smart TV or any other device.
In any event, try a different streaming device to see if the issue persists. There may be a problem with your gaming system if you only encounter Disney Plus Error Code 39 Xbox One outside of the United States. If you get the problem code on a certain streaming device, try a different device.
- Try restarting your streaming device outside the USA
One can solve Disney Plus Error Code 39 outside the USA by restarting your streaming device. Turn off your television and unplug it for at least ten seconds before replugging it. Try concurrently restarting your streaming device and television if this doesn’t work. To have a successful HDMI handshake, you must repeat this procedure after verifying that it functions.
- Remove video capturing device if you are installed it outside the USA
If you have a video capture device installed to record videos or broadcast games, you might want to unplug it. This video-capture equipment occasionally results in Disney Plus Code 39 outside of the USA.
- Try to switch to a different HDMI Port to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 39 outside the USA
Change to a different HDMI port to resolve the Disney Plus Error Code 39 outside the USA if one HDMI port is unable to ensure a proper handshake. Change to another HDMI port on your TV using the same device that displayed the problem code. Until one of the HDMI ports works for you, keep swapping them. Keep your streaming device connected if one of them works.
- Use a High-Quality HDMI Port to fix Disney Plus Error 39 outside the USA
Use a high-quality, undamaged HDMI cable instead. Keep the HDMI 2.1-compatible cable plugged in if you locate one that works flawlessly with Disney Plus outside of the United States.
- Make sure you are using an HDMI to HDMI Cable for your Streaming Device outside the USA
Make sure you’re using an HDMI to HDMI cable that is standard. Error Code 39 Disney Plus outside USA can be brought on by the use of any other type of HDMI cable, such as an HDMI to VGA converter. The HDMI port on your projector, or TV, or connect the monitor immediately to a regular HDMI cable because it contains connectors on both sides.
- Reinstall your Disney+ App to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 39 outside the USA
Error Code 39 outside the USA is frequently resolved by simply removing and reinstalling the Disney+ program. The best course of action is to remove the app, turn off your streaming device, disconnect it, and then re-plug it. Install the Disney+ app once more and see whether it still functions.
- Log Out of Disney+ on Other Devices to Fix Error Code 39 outside the USA
Maybe your account is logged into too many different devices at once. Log out of as many devices as you can and log in to one device to stream Disney Plus in order to resolve Error Code 39 outside of the USA.
- Contact Disney Plus Customer Support outside the USA
Contact Disney Plus Support if none of the fixes succeed. On the official Disney+ website, you can go directly to the Help Centre and describe the problem you’re having.
If these fixes don’t work for you, you can check out our in-depth article on fixing Disney Plus issues. It will unquestionably offer the main answer to resolve this issue quickly!
How Do I Fix Disney Plus Error Code 39 on Xbox One Outside USA?
Below is the list of a few quick fixes for Error Code 39 Disney Plus Xbox outside the USA:
- Shut down the PC Xbox streaming app: If you have been using the Windows 10 or 11 Xbox apps to stream content from your Xbox One to your PC, stop the stream and shut the app. You may simply resolve Disney Plus Error Code 39 Windows 10 and Disney Plus Error Code 39 Windows 11 outside of the United States by doing this.
- Restart the Disney Plus app: If you want to stream Disney Plus on Xbox outside of the United States and fix Error Code 39. You might need to restart the Disney+ app.
- Restart the Xbox One: Try restarting your Xbox One if restarting the program doesn’t fix the Disney Plus Error Code 39 outside of the USA. You will know that you can fix the Disney Plus Error Code 39 Xbox One outside the USA once you cease streaming from your Xbox One to your PC.
- Factory reset the Xbox One: First, check to see if your TV and HDMI cable are compatible with Disney+. In that case, factory reset your Xbox One. But make sure to select Reset and Keep My Games & Apps so that you don’t lose any data. Delete the Disney+ app and then reinstall it after the reset.
How Do I Fix Disney Plus Error Code 39 on Smartphones Outside USA?
Below you will see a list of possible solutions to Disney Plus Error Code 39 on phones outside the USA:
- Replay the video, if you can.
- Restart your device and the Disney+ app.
- Choose a high-quality HDMI cable or switch ports.
- Remove or disable any installed screen recorders since they cause Error Code 39 outside of the United States.
- On all other devices, log out of your Disney+ account.
- Attempt a different streaming device.
- Reinstall the Disney+ program after uninstalling it, unplugging your computer for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
How Do I Fix Disney Plus Error Code 39 on my Android Device Outside USA?
Outside of the USA, you can resolve Disney Plus Error Code 39 Android by using the following troubleshooting advice:
- On all devices besides the one, you want to watch on, log out of your Disney+ account.
- Change the input where the HDMI cable is plugged in.
- Restart your Xbox or other game system if necessary.
- Remove any installed tools or video-capture equipment.
- After uninstalling the Disney+ software, unplug your computer for ten seconds. And, then plug it back in to download the app again.
How do I fix Disney Plus Error Code 39 on Sony TV Outside USA?
Try swapping the HDMI port on your Smart TV, and make sure you’re using a regular HDMI cord with identical connections on both ends. If you were streaming Disney Plus on your Smart TV outside of the USA and ran into this error.
The following suggestions for Disney Plus Error Code 39 Sony TV outside the USA might also be tried:
- Try refreshing the page where the video is located.
- Switch off your Sony TV.
- Install Disney+ again.
- Make a call to the Disney+ Help Desk.
- On all devices but the one you intend to use for streaming, log out of Disney+.
- If you have any installed video capture programs, remove them.
Why do I keep getting error codes on Disney Plus outside USA?
Disney Plus problems could be occurring for a number of different causes. Device compatibility concerns, Wi-Fi network troubles, and Disney Plus support issues with your streaming device are a few of the causes. We advise identifying the precise issue code and researching fixes for that error code.
How do I fix network errors on Disney Plus outside USA?
Here you will find some easy steps to fix network errors on Disney Plus:
- To find out if the network problem is caused by a slow internet connection, run a speed test.
- Make sure that Disney’s servers are up.
- Please briefly power off and restart your Wi-Fi router.
- Restart any streaming device, including iOS, Android, Firesticks, Smart TVs, Chromecasts, Rokus, and others.
- Change to another web browser.
- Clear the cache and cookies in your browser.
- The Disney+ app can be uninstalled and then reinstalled if necessary.
Why do I keep getting error code 39 on Disney Plus outside USA?
In case, you are facing an Error Code 39 on Disney Plus. It’s possibly because of the copy-protection check’s failure, the HDMI splitter, the corruption of temporary data, and other reasons.
The Xbox One or any user of the compatible Xbox series is primarily responsible for Disney Plus Error Code 39 outside of the USA. The same error code might appear while streaming Disney Plus on your Smart TV. Else, even a projector outside of the United States, despite the fact that it predominantly affects gaming consoles. With the comprehensive fixes, we’ve provided above. We’re confident you’ll be able to correct this error and keep enjoying hassle-free access to your favorite Disney+ films.
There is no stopping you now that you know what Error Code 39 on Disney Plus outside USA means. Start watching your preferred content online. And if you ever encounter this problem, just visit our page to learn how to cure it.